Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

You Are An Obsession {insert 80's music here} and the scarf that started it all!

There's a song from the 80's that keeps playing in my head.  It's Obsession by Animotion.  The lyrics go like this:

You are an obsession, I cannot sleep
I am a possession unopened at your feet
There is no balance, no equality
Be still I will not accept defeat


So here's where this comes into play ~ I made this scarf just after Thanksgiving.  

Which promptly lead to this:


And since I've taken this picture I've purchased some new 'yarn' that I can't wait to use.  I've finished the scarf that is on the loom.  Here is a picture of it:





So now I've also signed up for an into to Knitting at a local place called Chandler's Cottage (great name by the way!)  It's fun, it's relaxing, and it's awesome to see something that starts as a ball of 'yarn' and ends up in something that you can wear.

~ Knitting Me

5 comments:

  1. I bought one today. But I SUCK at reading directions. I need someone to show me how to use this thing. I get the whole figure eight thingy. It's the knitting part that stresses me out. Off to find a youtube video... Then, I will wow you with my SPURS scarf. Oh yeah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't figure out the directions either. I watched a Youtube video by a girl named Joccye (I think that's how you spell her name - she's all of 12ish!) and she made it look so easy - and it IS! I almost told you on FB to get Spurs colors. If you can't figure it out let me know & I will come show you.

      Delete
  2. I'm really close to doing this. I wanna make cute beanies. Got any ideas of where I can start? I've never used loom or yarn, but I'm getting that feeling to start. All because of your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up a couple of videos (posted them to Just B on FB if you wanna see them) on YouTube. The scarf is super easy. Since I'm just starting too, I'm not to sure about the hat. I'd YouTube it too. I've really enjoyed it. Now Bing is making a scarf! I know very little about yarn but am going to learn. Let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete