Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Oh really.....

I went to Lowe's today to get a light bulb for a 1940's lamp that I bought at a garage sale.  It doesn't take just any regular size bulb - no, that would be too easy.  It takes a bulb with a Mogul Base.  This was pretty much my ONLY choice ~


Nice huh?  I don't think so.

So I ask light guy:

Me:  Can it be rewired with a 'regular' light fixture?
Guy: No, it can't.

Now, when I get home and try gargantuan bulb in said lamp, guess what?  It. Doesn't. Work.  Now what?

I did what any other person would do, 

I took it apart. 

SO.....now time for a trip back to Lowe's to see about getting a 'regular' size light fixture to put in my 1940's lamp with mercury shade.  I know exactly where it is going to go too!  Stay tuned for more...........

~ Handy (Wo)Man Me

No comments:

Post a Comment